Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cali's Cupcake Quilt

Cali and I were in a fabric store and she just picked up this kit for a baby quilt and said "Mommy, buy it! I LOVE it!" She just loves anything with cupcakes on it :) I usually wouldn't reward this kind of bahavior, but it was so sweet and then I looked up at the sign above it and it said it comes with a free 3 part class that walks you through the entire quilt from cutting to quilting and binding. the kit was also clearance-priced, so I thought what the heck!! It was about a week before I found out what my baby was anyways, so I had to have something to keep me busy right?

You can't realy see the edges, but they are cupcakes and Cali just loves it!
So, here is Cali's quilt I made in just 1 week! The fabrics are not what I would have picked out, but Cali LOVES it! Even though I could have made it without a class, I learned SOO much it was way worth it!
For those of you who didn't know, we are expecting a new addition to our family on June 15th and it is a BOY!! We are so excited!

2 comments:

Allison Holmes said...

yay! A boy how exciting!!!! That quilt is adorable!!!

Rebecca said...

You are getting quite crafty Cami, I hope you are feeling better then when I saw you! Jealous about the quilt, it's looks super cute! and who can pass up a good clerance deal!